Useful links and collaboration opportunities
- DOD/VA Clinical Practice Guidelines
- DHA Postoperative Protocols
- USU Rx3 Website
- Member Only Benefit! – 25% off Hawkgrips Instruments
- A recent questionnaire by a Veterans Administration (VA) committee of external stakeholders found that 85 percent of respondents believe the current model of clinical education is unsustainable and changes should be made.
- VA Rural Health Home Environmental, Physical Assessment and Assistive Technology Rehabilitation Project – Videos and Slides
- Due to the importance of documentation in patient/client care, and in response to many of the current issues related to physical therapy documentation, APTA has developed the “Defensible Documentation for Patient/Client Management” resource based on APTA’s Guidelines: Physical Therapy Documentation of Patient/Client Management.
- Rehabilitation and Reintegration Division (R2D)Rehabilitation & Reintegration Division (R2D) is the U.S. Army’s comprehensive oversight office for all rehabilitation and reintegration programs and policies for wounded, ill, and injured Soldiers and their Families, to include those with chronic/acute musculoskeletal injury and pain, traumatic brain injury, amputations, polytrauma, and functional limitations related to combat stress.Mission Statement
We develop, guide, and influence strategic rehabilitation and reintegration policy and programs to optimize the quality of life and function of Soldiers and their Families.Vision Statement To be military medicine’s premier organization for integrative rehabilitation and reintegration. More Information: http://www.armymedicine.army.mil/r2d/index.html
- Serve, Support, Simplify Report of the President’s Commission on Care for America’s Returning Wounded Warriors July 2007
Executive Order: Establishing a Commission on Care for America’s Returning Wounded Warriors
- POLYTRAUMA REHABILITATION CENTERS
Recent combat has resulted in new patterns of polytraumatic injuries and disability requiring specialized intensive rehabilitation processes and coordination of care throughout the course of recovery and rehabilitation. While serving in Operations Iraqi and Enduring Freedom, military service members are sustaining multiple severe injuries as a result of explosions and blasts. Improvised explosive devices, blasts, landmines and fragments account for 65 percent of combat injuries. Congress recognized this newly emerging pattern of military injuries with the passage of Public Law 108-422, Section 302, and Public Law108-447. Download Full Document
- FEDERAL EVIDENCE-BASED RESEARCH
- Useful LinksIf you have linkages you feel would benefit Section Members, or corrections to these links, please send them into our office.
- Indian Health Services
- Therapist Category of the United States Public Health Service
- U.S. Public Health Service Commissioned Corps
- ITRO (Army, Navy, and Coast Guard) school for Physical Therapy Specialists/Technicians
- Army Medical Specialist Corps
- Army-Baylor Physical Therapy Doctor of Physical Therapy Program